View Single Post
Old Jun 22nd, 2018, 09:28   #8
AlexO

So this was an interesting job! Some notes:

- Bolts on the chassis bracket are 14mm, lots of penetrating fluid and they'll come out
- Should have enough access to the nut on the wishbone to have that off but: the nut on the wishbone is 18mm. Which socket don't I have in my pansy socket set? 18mm. If you havent got one, get one, or this just wont happen. I must've tried for an hour with various imperial sockets and spanners and ratchet spanners but no, nope, nada. Reassembly and a trip to toolstation were required but after that it came apart a treat.
- Pressing the old bushing out also wasnt happening. Again, another hour wasted with a vice and various socket combinations trying to press the b*stard thing out but it just had too much flex in it to go so I had to resort to WD40, tissue paper and a lighter. Not my method of choice but it did the trick.
- Poly bush pressed in nicely after a quick clean up on the surface with a wire brush and some grease.
- Reassembly was quick and easy with the help of copper grease on every thread in sight. I definitely didnt get enough torque on the nut on the wishbone since I can hear the bush squeaking but, at this point, it was 10pm and since I'm not driving the car this weekend fully torquing can wait until I've got the car apart on Monday evening to do the passenger side.

And yes, that exhaust down pipe really doesn't help matters at all!

More fun to come,

Alex
The Following User Says Thank You to AlexO For This Useful Post: