View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 18:35   #52
niccodeamus

I have a mystery ICM problem in an 05 XC90. when first starting on a morning the system works fine except that the radio crackles on all frequencies. there is no crackle from the cd player which works fine. after about half an hour the system fails, it blinks and tries to work an few times, but over a minute or so it shuts down completely. if you turn it off and on, you get the high performance sound message followed by a blank screen. turning off the car does not "reset" the ICM. If the car is left off for a period, the system may work for a shortened period.
This car is new to me and came with the problem. It has recently had a replacement ICM, 6 months ago, presumably for this fault and was cleared as functioning normally. my guess is that it functioned for 1/2 an hour....
any ideas?
i am sort of thinking that the antenna module may be the problem due to the crackle. I believe that the actual radio receiver is in the antenna module

by the way...the above photo for the amp connectors is in fact the seat control system, i have no idea why this may affect the audio system. the amp is below, set into the floor and comes out with three bolts, easy enough with the seat right back.
niccodeamus is offline   Reply With Quote