Thread: XC90 LPG
View Single Post
Old Feb 7th, 2019, 09:49   #12
xc90bob

Smile Lpg tank size?

I am happy to say that I am back behind the wheel of a much-loved XC90! after selling our D5 many years ago.

Anyway, LPG firstly huge thumbs up as an option having read some not so positive posts on the LPG forum. I have had both the Range Rover L322 4.4 V8 and a quirky Renault Avantime 2.0 litre both with LPG systems. I have been lucky in having Prins already fitted on both and I agree fitting and systems are not equal. Safe to say try and buy with a recognised, well fitted and serviced system.

Anyway back to my question, I have now got an XC90 with a Lovato system, with the additional flush lube valve saver, installed by Autogas 2000. However, it has a lovely big 100-litre tank in the boot covering the rear pop up seats.

I am looking to remove this tank and place it under the car in place of the spare wheel. Normally this is pretty straight forward, but having spoken to a local fitter we are looking to get feedback as to which tank will work best as spare wheel is a space saver so depth is an issue in fitting the classic doughnut tank as the space wheel also tucks partially under the rear cross member.

So having seen the set up here can anyone recommend a tank and provide any useful advice?

Thanks in advance.

Bob
xc90bob is offline   Reply With Quote