View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2020, 10:07   #58
novomobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levonsrealm View Post
This worries me as a new member of the volvo community and proud new owner of a 240 estate se '92. The south of Manchester (where I am based) is quite notorious for vehicle theft.
Just to ponder, if anyone has suggestions for personal protection and immobilisation of their car ( like disconnected battery/ removed fuel relay) I would love to hear them. shoot me a pm if you wouldn't want your advice publicly seen.
Apologies if this is viewed as thread commandeering, just noticed the thread had been raised from the dead and thought it may be a good time for people to open a dialogue once more on the subject and see if as a community we can share our ideas with one another.

Call me old fashioned if you like but my thoughts on this is "prevention is better than cure". I still fit my steering wheel stick lock, gearstick to handbrake lock, and clutch pedal to steering wheel steel lock rod, all painted a vivid bright yellow, on my old car. None of them are what you would call high tech, but any of them would be a pain to remove unless your well "tooled up". Hopefully it deters the chancer opportunist in terms of time and hassle to remove the car.....However I don't think professional car thieves would have a problem.....but to me its a little bit more peace of mind.
novomobile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to novomobile For This Useful Post: