View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2020, 13:44   #59
Levonsrealm
240 user and non-abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by novomobile View Post
Call me old fashioned if you like but my thoughts on this is "prevention is better than cure". I still fit my steering wheel stick lock, gearstick to handbrake lock, and clutch pedal to steering wheel steel lock rod, all painted a vivid bright yellow, on my old car. None of them are what you would call high tech, but any of them would be a pain to remove unless your well "tooled up". Hopefully it deters the chancer opportunist in terms of time and hassle to remove the car.....However I don't think professional car thieves would have a problem.....but to me its a little bit more peace of mind.
I agree that preventative measures should be taken. If it is standing for a long time, i can't see any harm in disconnecting the fuel pump relay. That provides me the peace of mind that prevents me from checking on my car at odd times of the night.
Did you purchase a specific Volvo 240 anti theft kit?
I wonder with the amount of play in the gearbox as standard with these cars whether, given enough time, a rather industrious individual might be able to figure out how to get the anti theft device off.
Levonsrealm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Levonsrealm For This Useful Post: