View Single Post
Old Jul 11th, 2019, 15:30   #9
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowtaV40 View Post
Thanks both for the quick replies,

It was a dealer recommendation, my local dealer doesn't do windscreen replacements. I'm definitely taking it back to them in the next few days but would like a bit of technical info so I can point them in the right direction!

I don't believe in coincidences and the auto wipers and auto lights not working now (they worked fine before) makes me wonder if there is some link between the light sensor and the rain sensor (a shared earth or something) or does the same sensor do both jobs? I know the windscreen firm will say they never touched the lights so a bit of info here would be helpful if available please?

I tested my City Safety this morning by trying to drive into a large (empty!!) cardboard box, I was on private ground when I did this. That worked a treat...... it was still hard not to hit the brake before it activated though!!

I'll have to wait for some cold weather to test the heated windscreen is still working but it would be nice to get the auro wipers and auto lights working as they should again - they are both features I quite like!!

Cheers,
Mike
He should do , ask them why they do not ... Volvo do the technician training courses for windscreen fitting , It would save stupid problems like this as the people do not have the knowledge about current cars systems ..