View Single Post
Old Nov 30th, 2019, 22:58   #4
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian21401 View Post
J
Another anomaly is: the rear box has hanger hooks at it’s extreme rear on the out pipe at 180 degrees to each other. The car’s subframe has the hanger hooks welded to it at points about halfway along the length of the rear box, BUT, they are not opposite each other. They are offset by about 40 mms. This means that two separate oval support bands need to be fitted to the rear box with their hooks in positions relative to the chassis hooks. I mentioned this when I bought the system from my main dealer sometime ago but I was assured that it was the correct system for my car.
I think that I will order some Volvo rubbers for next time.
You only need one support band on the rear silencer Ian, it also has offset hooks to line up withh the hooks on the bodyshell. Use the ones above/halfway along the silencer box.
The hooks on the rear-most end that are closer together are for a different version of the back box only available on certain 740 Turbo models with twin tailpipes, as i discovered on my last 740 when a NOS Turbo tailbox came up on ebay as i was about to order the new back box to complete the system
I struggled to try and fit the oval band to it until i realised i didn't need to!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: