View Single Post
Old Sep 23rd, 2018, 15:32   #6
Baxlin
Old Rocker

As well as trailing wires, my pet hate is windscreen sucker mounts, so I have a small-screen Novatek camera in each of our cars, sited behind the interior mirror so the screen can’t be seen by the driver, and not annoyingly obvious to the passenger either!

The mounting plate is stuck to the screen with double sided pads, and the camera just clips in place. As others have said, it’s a ten minute job to route the cables, the route I use is between the screen and headlining, across the top of and behind the A pillar trim, behind the door seal, and down into the dashboard area to wherever the fuse box is. I use a piggy back fuse from an ignition controlled fuse to power a trailing ciggy socket, so I can utilise the camera’s own plug. I’ve not used this method on a car yet that doesn’t have room to 'lose' the socket and plug somewhere around the fuse box area, all out of sight.

It's therefore fit and forget, hopefully not touched until removed to put in the next car, as it records over when the card is full.

Last edited by Baxlin; Sep 23rd, 2018 at 15:37.
Baxlin is online now   Reply With Quote