Thread: Amazon: - purchase
View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2020, 20:24   #2
Natedog

In my experience having an mot or not with classics doesn’t necessarily mean it’s up together. I have had a few now, and stop looking any further once I came across the amazon. 2 doors arnt very easy to find, let alone one that’s up together. I think rob from Phoenix sold one recently for around 10/12k, looks as good as any would that didn’t need much work. It was very tidy. I say much work very loosely, ANY work can be expensive (first hand experience) I spent 8 on a very tidy, mechanically excellent import from sa, had it for nearly 3 years, loved it, drove it hard (always) and a it’s now in a million pieces being restored after I had a little poke around the floors and wheel arches. I suspect just finding any 2 door will be a mission. Ebay has one for 2,500, that’s been hanging around needs full resto I imagine mechanics too. There is a gt on eBay that’s again minor repairs needed, but nothing seems minor when it comes to body/welding. Let alone paint. I hope this has helped. You won’t regret it if you find one. Go b20 if you can, late model! 122S But I would say that!!! I think one that won’t give you any worries for a few years is a 10k car all day long. But like I said, any two door would be a touch.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Natedog For This Useful Post: