View Single Post
Old Feb 15th, 2016, 14:34   #19
Thrustyjust

So I called Trading Standards today and they showed great interest in my issue with the screen and the defect it has with the bonding. Volvo must repair this and take full responsibility of the screen removal and refitting. It is not the consumers fault that the defect has happened and they must put it right. Do not accept responsibility for the screen, it is Volvo's issue, if you have a similar problem. They are sending the local T.S guy round, I guess to inspect the vehicle . He will contact me in the next 48hrs. He will look at the safety aspect on the loose screen. There is a potential, as stated before that 30% of roof strength in missing and the potential of the air bags in an accident blowing the screen out, not actually meaning much to Volvo to want to deal with it pronto and take it on the chin with the total responsibility. Shame that Volvo UK can't sort these things out properly, but by saying they responsibility of the screen is the cars owners , is just financial damage limitation, not decent PR. Volvo Uk, if you read this, don't shy away from my emails to you, by getting the dealer to call me with your dirty work. I AM THE CUSTOMER WHO EMAILED YOU !!

Last edited by Thrustyjust; Feb 15th, 2016 at 14:36.
Thrustyjust is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thrustyjust For This Useful Post: