View Single Post
Old Nov 20th, 2018, 07:53   #186
TomSaintJames

I have found Tofufi's ebay listing Dave and hope I can collect a good, complete used pair of struts this evening, I can get them to the garage first thing tomorrow and hopfully have the hearse back for the weekend!

The non standard wheels, although standard 17" steelies for some car, are quite a bit wider than stock I think, can't remember the tyre width but was something like 245? Maybe even wider, and they are 'stretched' over the wheels too as per the banded steels/low 'stance' fashion trend (not my thing) so if the tyres fit properly they would be another couple of width sizes up. The tyres are good, again my sieve memory has done its usual thing, but I think they were Yokohama's of some descrption and they all have only ~1000 miles wear to them so almost new.

There was quite a bit of skipping about and bouncing around, yes. I am very much looking forward to a comfortable and quiet car! The mechanic thinks the centre bearings are causing the noise, as there are 2 propshafts (one being the extension) I think he said there are two bearings, but we'll see if the noise goes away once the ride height and prop angle is correct again.
1991 Saab 900i 2.0 16v Convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE
TomSaintJames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TomSaintJames For This Useful Post: