Thread: Aircon failing
View Single Post
Old Nov 16th, 2019, 00:08   #12
Ian W XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
very unusual , you must have a very small leak somewhere , The AC service guy should have done a leak test by pressurising the empty system with nitrogen gas , It is a legal requirement that this is done as part of their certification . According to the paperwork, a test was done as you describe but no leak found, and as I'm sure replacing/repairing a leak would have been a chargeable extra, I have no reason to doubt it.
Their website says AC (on any car not just Volvo) can lose up to 15% coolant per annum, whether that's true or simply something to encourage business I really don't know.

No it is not possible that the factory did not put enough in , the factory AC filling machines sent the exact amount of gas used to the cars build sheet file which is viewable at every dealer . I'm sure the dealer would have done it at no cost goodwill so soon out of warranty . My local dealer wouldn't, a complete waste of space, hence why it's serviced by one some distance away. 60 mile round trip on the off chance of goodwill or £69 for a home visit, hmmm let me think?
I guess you will know if you have a leak in 2022 !
Someone might but it won't be me as it roughly coincides with the next D4 major engine rebuild being due for the gunge build up which I'm fairly sure Volvo won't pick up the tab for next time around.