View Single Post
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 20:33   #20
Cleighton

Unhappy Etm

I have owned my S60t since aug 2006,(2001 model), after a week I experienced 2 messages 1:- emmisions service required. 2 :-Reduced performance. I am a Traffic Cop so first port of call was the garage at work, who immediately noticed that the etm sensor had become dislodged. The tech at the garage sprayed a can of carb cleaner into the hole prior to refitting the sensor and revved the t**ts of it for a few seconds. As a result a load of what i assume is carbon was blown out the back and the problem solved.
However, the usual etm problem has returned (this week) and the idling is rough and a lack of power. I think a word with FRF Swansea is called for and a software upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli View Post
Alan,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the post. If what you report turns out to be correct, then that is more than has been offered before. When you say that the throttle body would be replaced for free, did they actually mean the ETM (the cause of the problem).

We'd all be very interested in having that confirmed as a)being the ETM and b) being at no charge and c) is now Volvo policy.

Please see what you can confirm when the car is in on Wednesday.

Thanks

Oli
Cleighton is offline   Reply With Quote