View Single Post
Old Apr 24th, 2019, 13:04   #1
Supra Edd

Default New tyres after 11k miles on my XC60.

I bought my XC60 awd last May, the MOT at the time said that I needed new rear tyres, so the Volvo dealer replaced them for me - all good!

I just had a service and its MOT (at a different Volvo dealer), those new tyres are already down to 2mm so already need replacing (withing a few weeks no doubt). The tyres put on are 'Royal Performance' a quick search and I find they are a whopping £79.99 per tyre haha.

On the fronts I have Pirelli Scorpion Zero, these have 2.4mm left, and have a date of 2015 on them. I suspect these are the originals, so have so far done 42k miles.

No suprise that a generic £80 tyre is doing badly compated to a Pirelli £180 (£180 on black circles, the Volvo dealer is quoting £230!!!) tyre.

But, considering I havnt had the car a year yet, its still in warranty. Do you guys think i have a resonable case to go back to the original Volvo dealership and complain about these tyres to try and get some sort of compensation towards purchase of new ones?

Cheers,

Edd...