View Single Post
Old Apr 24th, 2019, 13:26   #2
eternal optimist
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra Edd View Post
I bought my XC60 awd last May, the MOT at the time said that I needed new rear tyres, so the Volvo dealer replaced them for me - all good!

I just had a service and its MOT (at a different Volvo dealer), those new tyres are already down to 2mm so already need replacing (withing a few weeks no doubt). The tyres put on are 'Royal Performance' a quick search and I find they are a whopping £79.99 per tyre haha.

On the fronts I have Pirelli Scorpion Zero, these have 2.4mm left, and have a date of 2015 on them. I suspect these are the originals, so have so far done 42k miles.

No suprise that a generic £80 tyre is doing badly compated to a Pirelli £180 (£180 on black circles, the Volvo dealer is quoting £230!!!) tyre.

But, considering I havnt had the car a year yet, its still in warranty. Do you guys think i have a resonable case to go back to the original Volvo dealership and complain about these tyres to try and get some sort of compensation towards purchase of new ones?

Cheers,

Edd...
No, I don't. You should have done something at the time they put the tyres on. What did you expect from unbranded tyres put on at the dealer's expense to get you an MoT?
eternal optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eternal optimist For This Useful Post: