Thread: Weather app
View Single Post
Old Jul 29th, 2016, 15:07   #10
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
Odd, I don't see why once the Spotify app is installed, it should be affected by an outage on Volvo servers. Similarly for the weather app, I don't know who provides the weather data, but you'd think again that the app would just speak to the weather provider servers.

Sensus is a lovely interface and a great bit of car tech, but I don't have a lot of faith at the moment in Volvo's technical abilities, we have issues like this that don't seem to get resolved quickly and I've had various Sensus crashes, can't get Spotify to stream reliably on anything but the best of internet connection, issues with the My Volvo website that isn't able to interface particularly well with the car build process, the Volvo On Call app which sometimes can't record consumption for a journey, and the Volvo support forums which are a great idea, but lack the support.

Love my car, but let down by dodgy tech. Look around the forums, there are way way more tech than mechanical problems.

:wq
I completely agree. There seems to be something wrong with much of their IT, both corporate and in-car, but their apparent inability to respond to issues in a timely fashion is even more concerning.

Regarding your point about service provider routing, perhaps Volvo is gathering usage data about all the apps and routing it via their servers would be a way of doing this?
Lexman8 is online now   Reply With Quote