Thread: Engine: 2.3 F/Inj B23E/B230F: - B23A to B230FT conversion
View Single Post
Old Oct 5th, 2018, 09:25   #28
240ratrod

my little tony:

thanks for your useful advice...the 240 is having problems with it's VERY tired wiring loom and so rather than waste time fixing it I may just pull the engine and bring the conversion forward. Cue cheeky grin.

classicswede:

do you need a guinea pig for the downpipe? I just happen to know someone who needs one and is doing a RHD turbo swap...me!
And the 940 was an AC car, so I'l buy a big shiny FMIC and make some appropriate hoses to connect to OEM ally pipes.

On a side note, I agree with ALEX that the post should be kept on topic...
HOWEVER
I studied vehicle design and engineering too and find it all fascinating. I could spend hours researching something which in the real world probably has no noticeable benefit!

I have spent hours working out what to do with the exhaust...even the idea of going 90 degrees vertical from the turbo and out the bonnet. Apart from being a potential 'pedestrian-gouger' it might be a little loud! Cool though!

Bugjam1999:

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking for a later 240 loom as the 940 one is looking like a couple of days worth of messing about and it probably won't work when I'm done!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jag.jpg (74.1 KB, 6 views)