View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2019, 21:01   #14
Simon J
Premier Member

OK, I got the trim panels off this evening and the heavy red wire with the grey connector is presumably the power feed to the trailer module (via the 40 amp fuse 14)? Since everything works apart from pin 10, it seems reasonable to assume that power is getting to the module so the question is why is it not getting to pin 10. I tried to extract the plug with all the wires to the tow bar socket but without success. It’s obviously latched in place but I couldn’t work out how to release it. I’ll have another look at it in the morning.

It’s strange that the fuse for pin 9 blew and perhaps that’s related to the loss of power to pin 10, but how? Does pin 10 have a separate fuse other than the general 40 amp one that presumably covers everything apart from in 9. And how does pin 9 connect to the 15 amp fuse since pin 9 is powered from the trailer module?

Edit: OK, looking again at the instructions for connecting the trailer module I see that there’s no orange wire (pin 9) connected to the trailer module plug so pin 9 must be fed from the circuit that supplies the 12v socket in the load compartment - hence the 15 amp fuse 77.

Last edited by Simon J; May 15th, 2019 at 21:12.
Simon J is offline   Reply With Quote