Thread: S40 (New) General : - S40 running terrible
View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2019, 22:44   #1
aidy55

Default S40 running terrible

Ok so my 2009 1.6 petrol r design sport s40 has been perfect for 7 years. Now 134k on the clock and first time I’ve ever had a major issue. Always had routine maintenance, timing belt done 50k ago.

On Monday I changed the oil, 5w30 used with new oil filter and new sump bolt. Always used same brand of parts on all my oil changes which I do myself. Also cleaned k&n air filter.

Oil is low, put three and a quarter litres in with intention of topping up. Oil is still just over minimum marker so having hard time blaming the oil change.

Car drove fine to work Tuesday night and Wednesday night.

On Thursday , half way to work slowing down for a roundabout, my car stalled at 20mph. Continued driving and every time I had to slow down it did the same.

Car struggles to start going home, doesn’t respond to a jump start. So I get a new battery as I needed one anyway and car did start but didn’t last. Ended up having to get towed home.

The engine sounds absolutely horrible. I feel engine may be destroyed.

I have a p0500 vehicle speed sensor fault which first came when I changed my oil but I think this happened due to me jacking up the car and wheel starting to turn...etc.

Another fault code which is new is p0340 , cam position sensor , I wonder if this small sensor can be the heart of the issue.

Anybody any ideas, it’s in with mechanic now but not sure when I will hear from him.

Last edited by aidy55; May 17th, 2019 at 23:23.
aidy55 is offline   Reply With Quote