View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2019, 01:26   #6
canis
Non Fragile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torbuck View Post
Hey all.

Have already had a bit of a read up and seen some good advice regarding correct bleed method but I am seeking more a diagnosis is possible by explaining my symptoms.

Long and short of it is the pedal as of today travels all the way down before any braking at all followed by a max 10% of yesterday’s brake pressure.

There was very little fluids in the reservoir so I topped it up today but apart didn’t I haven’t taken callipers off so not given air the chance to get in?

It’s my daily car so I’m gonna be outside until it’s fixed If I can be. Help please.
You've got a leak somewhere. Brake fluid never needs topping up, it's an entirely closed system. If you've lost fluid it's because it's leaked out. You need to find the leak because it'll jet onto metalwork, and corrode it like nobody's business.

The place to start is the flexible hoses which attach to the calipers. They do burst, had it happen to me a couple of months back.

Easiest way is to look at the floor, the hydraulic oil will form rainbows on wet ground, a puddle of oil on dry ground. That should help you find the leak. Trace back the path of the oil, fix the leak. Wash the oil off any bodywork with copious amounts of water. A garden hose is ideal, but it can be a wet job.
canis is offline   Reply With Quote