View Single Post
Old Jun 1st, 2020, 19:12   #8
XC70Virgin

Well, timing belt and aux belt changes done. No issues encountered other than the awkward lack of access. However, if doing it again I'd be miles faster.

On the timing belt tensioner I noticed today that it is dated 2013 but the car registration is March 09. Pulley is dated Dec 08 so this makes me think that previous owner had this tensioner charged when the aux belt was last done at 54k. Based on what I've read this is possibly the new improved version. Anyway, it fills me with confidence that it was well looked after. Means I've a tensioner with only 20k miles on it even though it still looks and feels new.

On the air con side, I had a leaking condenser (corrosion pinholes) and the back seal on the compressor was leaking and the pully bearing was banjaxed. Compressor was an easy swap. Condenser was a pain as it had to be removed with radiator and intercooler as a bundle. Not that difficult and more a PITA.
Between waiting on the parts and the mobile air con man to call and regas, the car has been in my garage for over a week on stands so it was nice today to get the covers and plastic bits all screwed back on and tested. Other than a loose hose clip on an air box pipe, everything seems to be running well.

Just in time for the end of the warm spell!