View Single Post
Old Nov 8th, 2022, 08:18   #43
Korchoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
I'm new to AWD, my 2016 XC70 D5 geartronic AWD is my first AWD car of any make. but not my first Volvo

I tend to keep my cars a long time and to do this successfully I'm fastidious about running on clean oil / fluids. Is there a recommended time / mileage to service the Haldex ? Any idea what it costs at a good indi ?
Hello Frank,

In 2017 I bought a 6 month old XC60 D5, and back then Had a look at the service intervals, the haldex as per Volvo was 40,000 miles before the first change was due. My car only had 4000 on it then. In my second year of ownership I decided to change the haldex oil when I serviced it, bought the kit from haldex repairs U.K.. cost around the £45 mark I think ?

I was shocked at how full of sludge the gauze was, oil was black and very dirty. The reading I did back then, Volvo did away wiTh a changeable filter and just kept the metal gauze as the only filtration. Bear in mind my car only had around 14000 miles on it, if that. And the oil was well past its best.

So the Volvo 40,000 miles seems like a great way to sell you a new pump & clutch at 40k when it gives up.

I did notice the second time I did the haldex service, the oil was much cleaner and almost nothing sat in the gauze. On that I left it the following year.

I own a XC70 D5 as well but haven’t needed to service that one yet as the pump was replaced recently, job looks a bit more than the XC60.
Korchoi is offline   Reply With Quote