Thread: Stereo/DVD: - Help DVD no remote control!
View Single Post
Old Apr 16th, 2018, 09:06   #24
john langrick
Master Member

I have same system which is UK specific and has 10x dvd under floor in the boot. I had the original remote which looks identical to the one in the link I post.
There is smother thread on this same subject and a member did order this unit and it worked, no programming needed.

Note this is not part of the volvo can bus or most system. It is a free standing adjunct sold by volvo UK and an option when car was purchased. I have the receipt for my xc90 and the options and this kit added over 2.5k to the bill!

If you press and hold the right button on the headrest monitors, the screens should come up, (blue screen with red script) but you need the remote to turn the DVD player on etc. This should tell you the basic screens are working.

The infra red receiver is near the rear view mirror but note the audio is separate from the inbuilt audio on the car. You need or headsets and these are Thomson. Do you have these? The car audio is not integrated with this UK specific unit.

Another thing to note is that the buttons and sockets on the c pillar operate with the rgb sockets in the centre floor of the 3rd row seats and used for additional free standing systems to use the screens. Confusing I know, but there we are. There is other threads on how this works.

Hope this helps.
john langrick is offline   Reply With Quote