Thread: XC70: Electrical - 4C Suspension repeater telltale lights
View Single Post
Old Jun 13th, 2018, 14:01   #3
Tatsfield
Premier Member

And I leave it in Advanced for most of the time but that isn't the issue.

If I am entering an unmade road, and there are plenty of those in Dorset, or a road with speed bumps, and there are plenty of those in Dorset!, I switch to Comfort to avoid harsh shocks to the car. If I am of a mind to do so, I'll revert to Advanced when re-entering a smooth black top road, perhaps not so many of those in Dorset! The problem I am encountering is that if I forget to revert, I would need to look down at the poorly placed control buttons just to see their indicator lights and check what suspension setting was selected and that would mean taking my eyes off the road when dash mounted lamps would draw my attention to the setting without any conscious thought on my part. I am constantly aware of poor ergonomic design in instrumentation in vehicles where the designer was sitting at a computer and when the design was put in the car he wasn't actually driving it! Volvo are not the only offenders by any means.

I am looking for advice on how to make this modification, not less-than-helpful advice on what other driver might or might not consider the merits of having the modification. It's a technical assistance query not a discussion on what some other members might or might not like about the feature which I would like to install. Information on wiring and the choice of lamps is what I need, not advice on how to drive my car. No offence meant but a debate on how we all drive is going to clog up the thread and deprive me of any opportunity to gather useful information. Thank you.