View Single Post
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 01:18   #6
940Graeme
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggyjames View Post
I hadn't spotted the bit about the respray. The profile of the front wheelarches looks odd to me...and some of the paint looks orange-peely.

I strongly suspect it had various bits of rust all over, to the point that only all-over paint would do. Whether or not it's an issue depends on the quality of the work, but I would inspect it extremely carefully!

cheers

James
Absolutely James. It doesn't entirely surprise me that a full re-spray was carried out, my 440 really could do with one as the original paint isn't that great despite not been mucked about with.

We all know that usually a 300 of this vintage "should" have a rusty front valance, rear arches, sills.......etc!

As you say, it rather depends how well the (undoubtably required) remidial work under the new paint was carried out.

Still, it is a (now pretty rare) 360 saloon in decent enough looking condition, and a nice colour combination.

By the way, I have now put a bid on - at a price I would like to pay and no more taking the above into account - so you never know!

Regards as always,
940Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote