View Single Post
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 07:14   #13
gerontosaur

Hello. I've been trawling, but can't find any answers to this.
Happened to me y'day on the motorway between Rouen and Le Mans. 2005 V50, 2.0TDI.
Long downhill section, I disconnected the cruise control so as to run down it at zero mpg. As I came back on to the level I switched it back on again but the car refused to pick up. Going up an incline I watched as the speed dropped from 140 kph to 120kph and, overtaking a truck, I was aware that I was acting as a rolling roadblock! Dropping a gear or two meant that I could maintain speed at around 110/120 going uphill and she would hold 140 on the straight and level. I switched to the instant fuel consumption read-out and noticed that, foot to the floor in third, there ws no corresponding increase in consumption, the fuel just wasn't feeding the cylinders.
No error message, no overheating, no smoking, so I just carried on and decided to live with it until I got home (another 450kms). I assumed that the turbo had come disconnected somehow or that there was a problem with the fuel mapping. It was as if it had reprogrammed itself to imitate a 1990 1.6 Peugeot naturally-aspirated diesel.
Stopped in a service area for a wee after about 150kms of this. Came out, started up and she ran as good as gold all the way home.
Weird