View Single Post
Old Oct 22nd, 2015, 20:12   #72
Topper

I agree with comments re the required reaction from a Volvo dealer ...... Unfortunately, in my case, probably like dozens of others, I proceeded with repair / replacement, totally oblivious to the problems experienced by many others ....... even that there were there a multitude of people with the same fault. How would we / I have known .......? ... And that we do know, isn't time answers and action are forthcoming?

After all we are talking about " Volvo ", a manufacturer with a highly vaunted safety reputation, who appears to have a had a problem over a period of some 7 / 8 years, a problem now becoming more and more apparent and, as per my previous post, had experienced similar problems with their vehicles?

For me to now approach a Volvo dealer after " the event " would probably be met with a shrug and a " so what ..... Where's the proof ... You should have contacted us first ......... Sir "

Surely it is only the apparent quantity of complaints and experiences of many individuals that gives the strength and validity of something being amiss ...? ... possibly giving the ability for some form of retrospective action and / or compensation ...... If this is likely to be unsuitable to any responsible party, dealer or manufacturer, then there is little point in making waves.

Can I suggest that one, if not the only, way everybody's voice was heard, is by a responsible body and in my opinion this Board with the support of its affected members, is such a body?

Topper
Topper is offline   Reply With Quote