View Single Post
Old Oct 22nd, 2015, 22:32   #74
GrantA
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topper View Post
I agree with comments re the required reaction from a Volvo dealer ...... Unfortunately, in my case, probably like dozens of others, I proceeded with repair / replacement, totally oblivious to the problems experienced by many others ....... even that there were there a multitude of people with the same fault. How would we / I have known .......? ... And that we do know, isn't time answers and action are forthcoming?

After all we are talking about " Volvo ", a manufacturer with a highly vaunted safety reputation, who appears to have a had a problem over a period of some 7 / 8 years, a problem now becoming more and more apparent and, as per my previous post, had experienced similar problems with their vehicles?

For me to now approach a Volvo dealer after " the event " would probably be met with a shrug and a " so what ..... Where's the proof ... You should have contacted us first ......... Sir "

Surely it is only the apparent quantity of complaints and experiences of many individuals that gives the strength and validity of something being amiss ...? ... possibly giving the ability for some form of retrospective action and / or compensation ...... If this is likely to be unsuitable to any responsible party, dealer or manufacturer, then there is little point in making waves.

Can I suggest that one, if not the only, way everybody's voice was heard, is by a responsible body and in my opinion this Board with the support of its affected members, is such a body?

Topper
Totally agree Topper, I am in exactly the same position as you, 6 year old car - windscreen leaks so I shopped around...... got a quote from Autoglass for removal and reseal and they said the windscreen would probably break so quoted for a replacement at £671. National Windscreens on the other hand quote circa £100 to remove reseal and replace (actual cost was £72). At no time did I approach Volvo other than to find out the cost of a new windscreen - £399 to see how much Autoglass were about to rip me off on labour.

Had the car been newer or still under some guarantee then I would probably have involved Volvo but how was I to know, and the many others on this Forum, that there was, and still is, a problem with the way Volvo have been fitting windscreens. If I approached them now they would probably just laugh and say "if you want us to do anything about a fault on a 6 year old car that you are trying to blame on Volvo dream on".

PS. Just read Des's Post - put me down as "one" whose windscreen has leaked, repair bill from National Windscreens is available as evidence.

Last edited by GrantA; Oct 22nd, 2015 at 22:36.
GrantA is offline   Reply With Quote