Thread: V40: - Changing to 2DIN Radio
View Single Post
Old Jul 9th, 2019, 10:03   #1
TheUnexpected

Default Changing to 2DIN Radio

After reading a lot on this and Dutch Forums i'm a bit puzzeled on how to install a 2 DIN radio to replace the standard HU1205.

A bit of background, me and 3 friends finally found a V40 fitting our wishlist for a roadtrip through the main part of Europe. However we would like to play some music, and HU1205 has (as you guys will know) no AUX, Bluetooth or even USB. So I went forward (bit of time concern as we leave in 3 weeks), and bought a 2 DIN chinese stereo on AliExpress.

There are a few things I am not able to retrieve and raise some concerns:

- If i decide to keep the HU1205 bracket (for which I wil have to use a dremel) will it be destroyed in such a way that de HU1205 can't be retrofitted after the roadtrip? (we might considering reselling)
- I will need some specific cable(adapter) for the replacement-stereo to work, but cannot find a conclusive answer on what type this is.
- Will replacing the original bracket with a dedicated 2 DIN bracket, require me to remove any more panels such as the A/C controller?

Any advice? We are on a budget.

If there is anybody who has done this before and is willing to help me/us out it will be highly appreciated.
Furthermore: It's Volvo V40 2.0T from 2001

Last edited by TheUnexpected; Jul 9th, 2019 at 10:40.
TheUnexpected is offline   Reply With Quote