View Single Post
Old Oct 18th, 2019, 18:29   #49
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniNinjaRob View Post
They are still brighter than the ones in my brand new Toyota Auris I have as my work lease car, which I could bob some Nightbreakers in that.
Chances are that being a lease car, it gets the very basic, only just bright enough to be legal, halogen bulbs - tuppence ha'penny and a brass farthing each but you'd be better off with a Yankee candle inside a jar!

Even if you fitted your old pair of Nightbreakers in your Auris and a new pair in your proper car, you'd probably see a good improvement.

If you don't want to go down the LED or Nightbreaker route, buy some of the ebay cheap "Xenon-look" H4 bulbs. Most of them last well and give a good output for the price. In fact, go back a page or three to where i posted the three cars with different bulbs, the one on the left has the ebay cheapies (Xenon-look) in, the middle one has the LEDs and the one on the right has the Nightbreakers (several months old though).

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote