View Single Post
Old Jan 12th, 2020, 22:31   #10
taiwan740

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeT5 View Post
Hello, may I ask how much you'd be looking for please? is it an auto or manual?
Sorry for delay in response. I'm treating it as a project for now but I'd let it go for around £750-800. I'd be very interesting in swapping it for something like a 740, 940, 960, V50, S60, V70, XC70 etc.

An overly honest and probably pessimistic description :

It's an automatic, the gearbox is tight and shifts well, best auto gearbox I've ever had.

The coolant leak is now fixed, or at least substantially reduced. The boost leak is more or less fixed as well, but a small pipe for the boost actuator keeps blowing. Alignment has been sorted, but there's still quite a lot of slack in the steering which makes it jump around a bit. It also pulls to the right due to a sticking handbrake shoe on the right hand rear wheel. Exhaust backbox will need replacing for the next MOT.

The engine runs great and still picks up speed pretty well, but it starts stuttering and running too rich with full throttle and you need to back off. It's just had new spark plugs and I replaced one of the boost pipes which had also cracked. Got some service history from the previous owners (I'm number 7 I believe) New brake discs and pads on the front, the drums on the rear are new, but as explained above, handbrake needs some attention as it is dragging.

It is a Cat C salvage car and the mileage cog has not worked for some time, I would estimate 190,000 on the engine at this point.

Once I work out how to do it, I'll send you some pics/video and see what you think. It's a bit scruffy with some mismatching paint repairs, can't see any rust on the body and the underneath (save the exhaust) looks ok too.

Even if you decide you can't be arsed with this lot, I'd appreciate your opinion on it. It probably sounds like a basketcase but not sure if that's par for the course with the 850s these days or not.
taiwan740 is offline   Reply With Quote