View Single Post
Old Jul 1st, 2020, 10:13   #4
HWKWallis

Presently I have to hand a screen with integrated element from Brookhouse who were discounting some time back and a 12 minute delay relay.
Looking out for a shelf light switch to trigger and a 'bellows' solution for the wires down from the roof to keep them tidy but allow extension when the hatch is opened. The screen I have needs wiring to both sides; suspect that I'll end up with something akin to the coiled flex on old phones!

Having fallen foul of the well known domino effect whereby improving the look of one element simply highlights how bad three others are, having done the interior results in the headlining is being replaced. So I have opportunity of doing it right first time and the problem of getting a headlining back right first time.
And the tailgates are off and just back from sandblasting to repair/repaint. Appears the lower has had a robust bottom repair which was never levelled correctly (good news as the wavy surface wasn't therefore a minefield of filler) and the upper has pin holed around the lower seam and delivered a 2p piece hole right in the lower corner under the seal track ....which is bound to be more of a pain.
Surprising also how much rust was blowing apart the jointed seams in the lower part of the glass apperture under the seal......caught in time then.

So all new seals to go back on.
And the hinges, pull handles and opener are off to chrome (s/s new from Brookhouse for the large outer one)

Jim
HWKWallis is offline   Reply With Quote