Thread: S40 V40: - Fog lights arent working
View Single Post
Old Oct 15th, 2020, 13:50   #5
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshcat View Post
Thanks for the fast replies on my thread, are you sure about CEM module ? Could be any failures with the fog lights relay ? Because i think after 18 years of use and 250k km, there could be the relay that is not working right ?

I will contact my Volvo dealership, i aint got friends with Volvos at all. they all drive BMW or newer Volkswagen cars. But anyway, i´m really thankful for your suggestions.
I only mentioned the CEM because I thought you have changed it with another one. If you haven't replaced the CEM, then, it wouldn't be my first guess of why the fog lights failed.

As for the relay failing, I have never seen the fog light relay failing on its own, because it is rarely used and draws less amps than the actual headlights. 99% of the times a CEM fails, is due to the headlight relays. I have only seen 3 CEMs to-date, where the fog lights fault was because of a fault in the CEM, and it wasn't the relay, but some other issue inside the CEM board, that I couldn't repair.

When you press the front fog light switch, does the small fog light indictor light come up on the speedometer???
If yes, then check the bulbs, check the voltages on the connectors and check the earth's. If not, then it is most probably a case that the CEM does not have the front fog lights enabled

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gatos For This Useful Post: