View Single Post
Old Jun 10th, 2018, 13:40   #1
v8250

Default 1962 2 door Amazon with Full Length Sunroof

Dear All, my 1962 2 door Amazon, Agatha, is now for sale. Agatha's a little bit special as she's an original 'Swedish' right hand drive car that was imported to the UK in Oct 1988, she also has the brilliant original full length Golde/Webasto Sunroof...which makes for great driving. And being an original 'Swedish' RHD car, all the interior chrome wording is in Swedish...so the new owner brush up on their Flakt and Ljus!

The car's in very good original condition in SlateBlue #67 [which is a cracking colour] and was resprayed some 4-5 years ago, this has now nicely toned down. Since purchase last year I've completed a mass of work on her [see below]. The interior is in good clean original used condition which I had planned to completely refurb' and had bought a set of later headrest seats and rear seats with arm rest. These come with the car should the new owner want to rebuild as part of an interior upgrade.

List of work completed in the last 12 months, it's a long list, all with receipts:

New [spotlessly clean] Twin SU HS6's with stainless steel linkages [see engine bay pics below]
New K&N Filters with internal alloy stub stacks
New Stainless Steel Exhaust
Nearly new 4 Speed Overdrive Gearbox fitted [with modified propshaft and new speedometer cable]
Rebuilt rear drive shaft end float settings
New Cupronickel Brake lines and flexible hoses
New Cupronickel Clutch lines and flexible hose
New Rear Brake Cylinders
New KYB dampers and bushes
New 20mm Lower Springs and bushes
New Panhard Rod Superpro Poly Bushes
New Front ARB Superpro Poly Bushes
New Rear Spring Hangers
New Fuse Box with new fuses and spare fuse set
New Magnecor KV85 8.5mm Ignition Lead Set
New Longlife Battery
New Fuel Filter
New correct Volvo Oil Filter
Rebuilt Fuel Pump [now spotlessly clean]
New Stainless Steel Windscreen Wipers
Have had original early steel wheels [dated 04.1962] dynamically straightened
New Vredestein 165/85 Tyres
Removed F&R bumpers, buzzed back, repainted inner faces and reinstalled with new fastener sets and chrome dome bolts
New Door Rubbers and Door Seals
New Differential Cover Gasket Seal
All new fluids throughout [engine, gearbox, differential, brake and clutch][Valvoline VR1 20W50]

Plus a whole host of other small works I've part forgotten + Agatha had new inner+outer sills fitted 02.2015 by the previous owner costing £2721.50 [receipted]

Also comes with a new all season outdoor car cover.

There's a box full of component receipts, primarily from the ever helpful Simon at Brookhouse. The car will also come with a box full of other spare components that are either brand new [receipted] or good used parts that I've picked up.

For sale at £7500. This is a fair price for the car with all the above New Parts and works completed. I want the car to go to a really good new home where she'll be looked after, so if you're after an original good/used 2door Amazon that's genuinely ready-to-go this may be the one.

Rgds
Andrew
West Berkshire
T: 0118.971.0226
M: 07500.118789
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1593 - Copy.jpg (339.9 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1536 - Copy.jpg (298.3 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1316 - Copy.jpg (135.4 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1933 - Copy.jpg (181.0 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1934_BURST001 - Copy.jpg (197.8 KB, 139 views)
v8250 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to v8250 For This Useful Post: