Thread: Body/Trim: - Split in Drivers Seat
View Single Post
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 17:59   #2
tnpali01

Default Seat Trim

I've done quite a bit of research into this area on XC90 as I found the leather seats in SE upwards seem to wear quite badly especially along seams, piping. All used examples I had a look at had some form of seat wear which I considered excessive for the age/mileage. Either Volvo leather quality doesn't seem to be as good as it used to be or XC owners were doing something to the seats.

When i've discussed this issue with dealers when looking at prospective used XC90s I was advised that the seats were often damaged by owners getting in and out therefore it was a characteristic of the model. Volvo may consider replacement under warranty if the issue is not fair wear and tear... . ie manufacturing fault or unreasonable wear for age/ mileage. Is the damage to your seat along the seam? What one persons fair wear and tear may differ to what Volvo consider though. Never got a firm assurance issue would be resolved under warranty prior to purchase though so discounted lots of cars.

If you are sure you haven't damaged the seat, i'd suggest requesting replacement, or confirm if the seat can be repaired under warranty? It's amazing what some of the smart repairers can do. find a good one and the repair may be invisible

Good luck with the dealer... keep the post updated to let us all know how you get on.

Last edited by tnpali01; Nov 21st, 2012 at 18:02.
tnpali01 is offline   Reply With Quote