Thread: 240 General: - New (to me) 1980 Volvo 244
View Single Post
Old Aug 11th, 2020, 10:51   #1600
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki_the_glt View Post
I'm with the Laird - I had an iPhone 4s many years ago, mainly because a good friend worked me a good deal on the contract, but kept it only until the contract lapsed, at which point I reverted to a BlackBerry and have stayed with BlackBerrys(ies?) ever since, currently using a Key2. I find Apple treats users like children, forever admonishing them to "back up this phone. It has not been backed up in the last two weeks" even though you haven't altered any of the data in that period, whereas the BlackBerry assumes you're an adult and will back it up as and when you have to.
... I agree Loki. Even though I'm an iPhone and iPad user, I still don't like the company much. The lack of backwards compatibility of its software, constant meddling with new versions, programmed in obsolescence and thinking iot knows what the user wants (I remember one update giving me a 'free' copy of some U2 songs that was like a dose of herpes to get rid of) are all really irritating.

I got on the iPhone/iPad conveyor almost by accident a few years ago and now it the data management is just too difficult to make it worthwhile stepping off.

Alan

Last edited by Othen; Aug 11th, 2020 at 11:26.
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post: