View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2021, 14:44   #10
sk546
Master Member

I am with you on this one Goatherder, OP on paintwork isn't something that should just be accepted, it just shows that the paint process being used isn't up to scratch.
I too have an Onyx Black XC60 but mine is a 2019 MY20 Polestar Engineered car.
When I took delivery of my car in Nov 2019, I did have a good look over the paintwork looking for any obvious issues but thankfully didn't find any. Not long after taking delivery of my car, I had a stage 1 paint correction and ceramic coating applied by a local body shop and thankfully, they confirmed that very little work was needed to prep the paintwork before the ceramic coating was applied unlike alot of the JLR products they have in for the same that have much more OP and other paint related issues that need sorting before ceramic coatings are applied.

As you mention, it looks like Volvo are starting to go down the route of cost savings which affects the end product thats delivered to the customer.

Hopefully you get a positive outcome with Volvo and they resolve your issue swiftly as there is nothing like some dodgy paintwork that you cant unsee to taint your nice new purchase.

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sk546 For This Useful Post: