View Single Post
Old Aug 28th, 2017, 15:24   #1
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Default Rust below tailgate behind rear bumper - repair panel?

I'm about to get the rear end of the 240 looked at. It is clearly visible looking up behind the rear bumper in the usual area. I'll get it done. There's a body work chap who has done work for me before and that work is still OK.

I recall mention in the forum of repair panels being available. Someone said they went to a repair bodyshop and supplied the panel which was gratefully received as useful.

What is the current recommendation and experience about getting that repair panel please? Who sells them and is there a realistic choice between suppliers please?

This 240 is getting a few jobs done...my health must be improving if I'm getting things done.

And an MOT is booked for 8am Wednesday, a month less one day before it is due. A different place a different tester. I suspect the previous place might not have been rigorous and that's no good. This tester is fully happy to show me what he is inspecting and finding as he does the test. And to have an additional look at the bodywork underneath before I go to the entirely separate bodyshop.

Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen Edwin For This Useful Post: