View Single Post
Old Jan 10th, 2018, 10:22   #7
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Froggyted - Im not gonna comment on sense or lack of it as for servicing it in main dealer - its up to you entirely and Im sure if you do it for a reason. Its widely known main dealership service prices are ripoff and "peace of mind" is only an illusion as basic service duties are usually done by apprentices etc, but parts are always correct and high quality.
But as for "extra costs" its sometimes a gamble - maybe they advise on changing belts was based on actual condition of those and not fixed dealer recommendations? Maybe there is a logic to the quote, or maybe they are trying to get money off you - cant say, but defo would be adviseable to have another (trusted) mechanic to have a look at it...

Just a word from myself - my car had timing belt+WP done by dealership less than 2 years ago. few months ago, WP failed and service told me "1 year warranty on parts only, go F*off..." basically. So what was gained by having it done by dealership for twice the cost of indie mechanic?...
The Following User Says Thank You to LizardOfBodom For This Useful Post: