Thread: Speed limiter
View Single Post
Old Mar 21st, 2019, 07:29   #143
ThomasG
Aka MadBabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by green van man View Post
Its a buyers market, if you don't like the technology don't buy it and those that fit it will either not fit it or go bust.
I know when I'm tired, I know when a cup of coffee will do the trick or I need to pull over and take a nap. I do not need technology to tell me and very much doubt I am unique.
I am also happy to drive old cars not fitted with such technology and when has motoring law been made retrospective. I remember a 1970 cortina that was visible smoke only not sniffer test at MOT time.

Paul.
Unfortunately there seems to be less if us than you think..

Majority is likely to be the ones with noses firmly embedded in mobile phones screens, paying note attention to photos of cats than to the road..

And they'll welcome any gizmo that has been described with more than 2 buzz words, no matter is it gizmo actually doing something useful or harmful.

So, what choice we may end up with in "buyers market"?

To buy a car full of these gizmos or not to buy at all..

And its not something to cone in few years either.
It is with us right now.

Have a look, is one able to buy, nowadays, something decently built (so exclude the very bottom shelf of aygos, 207s, fiestas and so on) but without let's say a big screen where the radio used to be or without headlights that driver has absolutely no control over..
ThomasG is offline   Reply With Quote