View Single Post
Old Apr 1st, 2022, 11:14   #10
BlueDevil

I had very similar issue with another car in the past. It turned out to be the pump. Basically, this car had a fuel system with one rail and the fuel pressure regulator was on the pump itself. So it would keep the pressure of fuel at bay, and if it got too much the extra fuel would drain back in tank right at the pump.
Well, something started to give up, whether it was the pump or the regulator is still unknown, but they were replaced as a unit (couldn't separate one from another) so regardless of the culprit the result was the same.

What did help, though, was to turn the key to pos1 to hear the pump prime, then when it stops turn the key off and back on to pos1 to prime again. It would do this only two times, if I went for the 3rd priming cycle it wouldn't do it. But with 2x priming it would fire right up even after standing still for 2 days, while with only normal (one) priming it would need long cranking to start after the night.

I don't know how the fuel system is on your car, but the logic is the same of course - there is a pump, pressure regulator and either 1 or 2 fuel lines, so it might be worth checking it out. Fuel pressure gauge should point out if it is the pressure problem, and if so then you just have to figure out if it's the pump or the regulator.