Thread: Amazon: - Brake System Upgrade
View Single Post
Old Nov 20th, 2009, 03:11   #20
dheming

I went with the exact same master cylinders as well. I like how compact they are as well as being anodized black. I paid about $62 for my balance bar and about $80 each for my master cylinders. BTW I just found this nice Tilton balance bar that uses a thicker 7/16"-20 threaded rod. Stronger and cheaper, oh well too late now.

It doesn't look like there's enough clearance to mount the balance bar into the stock arm location due to the firewall. Shortening the threaded shaft will severely limit the amount of bias adjustment and I want to eventually add this accessory so I'm leaving the length alone on mine. I don't want to cut and rebuild the firewall either so I think an offset brake arm is the way to go, as you mentioned. This is the only way I can think of to mount the two master cylinders in the stock area, have the arm clear the steering column, and have the brake pedal in the proper place. I'm going to draw this whole area in Google SketchUp to see how much of an offset will be required.

amazon69,

Thanks for the suggestion, but those types won't work though due to the position of the steering column.

Last edited by dheming; Nov 20th, 2009 at 03:15.
dheming is offline   Reply With Quote