View Single Post
Old Nov 10th, 2023, 15:16   #57
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSv40 View Post
Just my take on things.

I understand Margo is in brother-in-law's barn until Steve's garage is finished. I also understood that Steve is planning a little road trip to Southwold - while she is road legal - to get to know her a little better and see how she drives. It will be a useful exercise as a 'to do' list can be formulated and actioned ready for next season.

Again my understanding is that Steve is going to get her to a usable standard and drive her before embarking on a full body restoration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 940 View Post
Well I couldn’t really have put it much better, yes she had a new MOT just in Oct when I picked her up, so is currently resting in my brother in laws barn.

In a moment of madness, I toyed with the idea of collecting it by train to P’Boro then just drive her back, so I insured her on my Multicar policy for about £7, that expires 14th Nov.

I will get her insured separately on a classic policy as I do want to use her on nice sunny days over winter, basically as a fault finder, so I can get an idea of what needs doing, parts needing sourcing etc.

Of course I could get to like her foibles / patina, and just keep her as she is, but I know that shiny paint is hiding all sorts of sins

A few trips in Margo to sunny Southwold with the better half and the hounds over winter for a fish n chip lunch can only be a good thing👍👍. Oh yes easily pleased😀😀

Cheers
Steve
Thank you chaps. I'm so pleased I had completely misunderstood the plan. A few day trips to Southwold over the winter before returning to the barn would be a would be a really good idea.

I should keep up with the news more