View Single Post
Old Feb 5th, 2024, 12:30   #1
ThomasAnderson

Default Involved in a small crash - is it worth trying to fix?

Hi,

I was involved in a small crash a number of weeks ago - I've got a Volvo V40 2003 estate that I've kept going for the last six years, would hate to part with it, but does anybody know if it's possible to get it in an MOT-worthy state for mid-March? A lady seemed to come to a dead stop in front of me to let a wagon out, I emergency stopped but the brakes were spongy, still had a bit of room and time sol I kept engaging the brakes, but... no. Into the back of her I go. Now, I did think I was liable but I did mention not seeing her brake lights go on - later found she was liable. But no way that can be proven and, through insurance, the car would be a write off anyway.

There are a number of problems, pictures show but here we are:

1) You can see that the frame has been pushed back on the driver's side and this is what I would think would be the most likely MOT fail, even though the car still drives, would there maybe be a problem with parts of the car too close, etc? Or a safety issue?
2) I put a new indicator in but can't put a new headlight in unless the bonnet can be pulled out/replaced
3) The bonnet still holds in place, but the inside catch does not work, has to be opened from front
4) Headlight being pushed back must have impacted washer fluid, doesn't dispense though it does go down when in use so must be leaking somewhere.

Happy to fix it all if the car would pass it's MOT, just don't want to go through all the hassle and expense if it doesn't. Thanks for any and all help!

Pictures here:
ThomasAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote