View Single Post
Old Jul 12th, 2018, 21:46   #5
FlashGordon68

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissXC90 View Post
Indeed a lot of errors can be stored when you have a low voltage condition, and some of these errors do not occur often enough to be logged as a fault requiring attention

After replacing the battery it is a good idea (and best practice) to connect with VIDA and clean all logged errors before using the vehicle

Also, remember to reset the battery Low Voltage counters (there are 2), which logs how often the battery has dropped in voltage below the critical thresholds.
I also have an issue with the anti-skid and besides that, I was planning to replace my battery this weekend due to starting problems with a hot engine. I was wondering if it would be necessary any action with the ECU. Is it only a question of cleaning errors and reset low voltage counters?
It's the first time I'm using Vida, I've to search where are those counters.

Anyway, the anti-skid is not the reason why I'm going to replace the battery, but is it possible to have any relation between low voltage and anti-skid message with fault codes BCM-130 and BCM-133 regarding signal too low from brake pressure sensors?

Thanks
FlashGordon68 is offline   Reply With Quote