View Single Post
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 09:02   #19
Lindz55

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxcoverteddy View Post
hi and welcome, love the car and the pictures, but above all it is the ability to communicate across the world.
At one time I was in touch with a club in Oz, our Thames Valley Section and without computer's in those far off days we corresponded, naturally we said there was always a welcome if they came to London, afternoon english tea, and by jingo this charming couple turned up out of the blue.
We also had members of the dutch V44 club, come and stay i n good old downtown Tooting.
As we now have family in sydney and springfield Brisbane we are more likely to arrive down under.
Nice to have you on the forum, perhaps it is not my place to say that, but there you go, can't find my book on Strine, regards from Ireland, The Marble city Kilkenny
Thanks for that, mate.
Yes, the internet is a great way to stay in touch. Just had some minor paint and panel work done and snoopy's looking bewdiful. Still hunting down some appropriate seat covers and still considering a venetian blind for the rear screen. I changed all the plug and coil leads a couple of weeks ago as she had a little hiccup here and there and now she's purring like an Abba groupie. I think the ones I replaced were original (is that possible after 40 years?). Be good to catch up with some other 144 owners and maybe get to a rally or two. Would like to get the electric clock repaired soon. Hope you've had some good weather over there in The Emerald Isle