View Single Post
Old Sep 19th, 2018, 14:10   #6
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattty View Post
Another day - another problem. Feel like I'm posting on here every other day so apologies for that. Car is a 1997 945 2.3 turbo.

Well about last week I was driving down the road and my lambda/engine management light came on. Drove for another couple of minutes because I was in traffic and couldn' t stop. Pulled over and found that all the wires on my lambda sensor - located on the underside of the downpipe just after the turbo - has completely detached from the sensor. However, the car seemed to be running fine and without issue, so for the last week I have been driving with the lambda light on, but the car has been running ok.

So came out of work today - no lambda light on the dash. The bulb still works and lights up initially then goes out when the engine starts. Checked under my bonnet to make sure I wasn't going insane and to my relief, strangely, the wires are definitely still not attached to the sensor.

So my questions are; 1) How was/is the car running ok without the sensor? I thought faulty lambdas usually cause cars to run like a bag of ****e? And 2) Why is the light no longer illuminating?

Thanks for any help 😊

Before replacing the sensor, possibly putting a new sensor at risk, can you see any cause why the wires are detached?

Are the wires known for "spontaneous detachment"?
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote