View Single Post
Old Sep 29th, 2020, 08:13   #12
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyV7o View Post
So have you only just refitted them? They do take an age to bed back in and as such behave in a vile manner to begin with...

In reference to 'I saw a video on all seasons and how they behave' I think I know the vid and it isnt representative of real world conditions or todays all season which are a very different breed to 10 years ago. Also, I think that vid, as a lot do, was referring to american 'all season' which are basically like the summer tyres we used to have in the 90's, summer compound with a few sipes, rather like some 4x4 all terrain tyres, they are nothing of the sort the rest of the world have.
The video was on TV, perhaps top gear or the like, it was on an indoor ski slope.
All the all season vs winter that i have watched though, the winters always come 1st, braking, acceleration and handling.

When i had the dunlops on my laguna back in the last bad snow, i didnt even need to use my chains, but then i dont drive stupidly in the snow anyway.\

Perhaps ya right about the bedding in, time will tell, but i prefer to have them on al year anyway as they are good for mud too and i need that for when i fly my drone
The Following User Says Thank You to Bashy For This Useful Post: