Thread: 4.1 CWP Diff
View Single Post
Old Aug 31st, 2019, 07:28   #8
geoff gibbs

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
I wondered if it might be something like that, the 3.91:1 axle i have is now available, it works out about 4.8% higher than what you're after and i know that can make a difference to timings but you could go slightly lower on tyre profile to return things to the same gearing overall.

For example, changing from 195/65/15 to 185/60/15 will drop the tyre diameter by 4.89% cancelling out the difference on the axle.

I don't know if there are any restrictions on tyre size for autograss but assuming wheel size isn't restricted (in diameter at least) you could keep the tyre width and aspect ratio but drop the wheel diameter.

Using the 195/65/15 as a starting point again, switching to 195/65/14 is a 3.94% drop in diameter.

https://www.etyres.co.uk/how-to-change-your-tyre-size/

That's what i used to save my brain cell number crunching at this unholy hour of the day but if that could work for you, drop me a PM and i'll give you more details of my axle.

Thanks for the info. The reason I would like a 4.1 is to replace my worn out one. ( I didnt set it up correctly ! ) I can see what your saying re the smaller tyre sizes. Ideally I would like to go bigger , not smaller.
Will let you know on the 3.9
Thanks
geoff gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to geoff gibbs For This Useful Post: