Thread: Sat nav woes
View Single Post
Old Feb 6th, 2019, 16:40   #14
sanjaime
New Member - 2010 XC60 D5

The MMM2 Sat Nav or Road and Traffic System (RTI) on my 2010 XC60 is also specified for similar vintage V70, XC70 andS80 Models according to my Operating Manual therefore having found little information on the old XC60 forum I've come here.
In the recent cold weather my MMM2 Sat Nav has decided to get stuck on a location in Canterbury, Kent which is miles away from me in London.
The display still works fine showing a map of this wrong 'Current Location'.
I can still enter destinations and use all the functions available, I was even able to go to Settings and clear everything back to the default options. I have even changed the disk in the boot but the Current Location is still showing as the car being in Kent not London.

It seems to me that the GPS has packed up or the signal from the roof aerial is not being received by the unit.
When going into the Menu system and asking to display the Current Position the Display shows : 'Received position Satellites 0' - with nothing showing in the Latitude and Longitude fields.
However lower down the screen under the 'Map matched position' - it does show figures in the Latitude and Longitude fields with a valid road in CANTERBURY, UNITED KINGDOM. As far as we know the car has never ever been there since being manufactured back in 2009/2010.
Does the 'Satellites 0' display confirm the unit is failing to get a GPS signal ?

Any ideas ? Anybody else had problems with the GPS side of the MMM2 system.
What is usually shown against the 'Satellites X' display - is it 'Satellites 1' ?

Last edited by sanjaime; Feb 6th, 2019 at 16:42.
sanjaime is offline   Reply With Quote